Thursday, March 11, 2010

Storybook Flowers - SOLD


The idea of flowers right now is due to a Spring Celebration at a local gallery AND a trip planned to hit Death Valley which I believe will be splendiferous and quite amazing.  Hoping that the dates we have planned are exactly right for the plethera of carpeted coverage I hope to see.  With that said, I couldn't wait any longer and just went for it with this piece.  When I was almost finished, I thought "these look like flowers you see in a child's storybook."  Fantasia like - thus the name.  I like everything about this work and with my critical eye, that doesn't always come easy.  Oh, I just heard birds singing!

6 comments:

  1. You really captured these cone flowers. Hope Death Valley is colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw these yesterday on the cover of your website, they put a smile on my face. Guess we're all thinking flowers; I found snowdrops by our front door yesterday and had to put them on open-window. I love the colors and shapes in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a happy painting! Fun to see these beautiful flowers. Spring is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am amazed to see the painting of flowers on your blog. It looks awesome. you are a blessed artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful texture and color...makes me long for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very, very BEAUTIFUL! the eye-catching texture on the front flower is oh so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete