Tuesday, August 11, 2015

"Velvet Violets"


Buy it at AndolsekArt on Etsy!

Regarding the computer calamity, back-up and running. I find I do have a few more necessary tweaks to make as I go along and still thanking God that I had a great back-up. My husband has been indispensable. My daughter helped me out as well and told me about Micks Macs in Santa Barbara.  It's about a 45 minute drive from us and I cannot say enough good things about him. Now to posting. 

When I was a child, there was a particular patch of flowers that seemed to be wild.  No one planted them to my knowledge. There were only two types of flowers there. Violets and Lilies of the Valley.  The intoxicating aroma of the Lilies of the Valley  sent me into a state of wonder the very first time I smelled them.  Could anything possibly smell that intense, that unique. The violets were a deep velvet color with luscious variations of intense purple, but no smell.  Interesting... 

With this sudden recollection, I went on a search for Violets and rendered them intensely, wild, free and abstracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment