Friday, April 14, 2017

"Chimney Rock" - SOLD



There's a story behind this particular painting. This little miniature is not the original as that was a 9x12 en plein air excursion with a dear friend Kazuko. I decided to paint it again in the studio in reverse, large to small. I have to say, I enjoyed it as much this time around as the first.

She wanted to take her dog with us and romp around and not paint this time around. She knew I preferred to listen to birds (not words) & truly enjoy being outdoors when I was painting and she honored that. That was her preference as well. It was definitely a zone day for me.

This was the last time we went plein air painting together as she passed away from the horrid c word not long after. Every time I look at it I smile. I miss her, but I am so glad I have the original here in my studio to enjoy and remember her. Art IS so very personal on every level isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment