Thursday, September 17, 2009

Lily - SOLD

The title of this painting isn't very clever, but it's all I had after a very busy day.  Unlike most of my lillies which are from Hearst Castle, and especially Mission San Juan Capistrano, these are from Balboa Park in front of their Botanical Garden building.  This place is awesome.  There's even an area when you walk in where they've planted all types, colors, etc of flora and fauna that you can touch, smell, oh and ah after.  The bunch of us that are a more curious lot were getting kind of loud with our wow's after some of our tactile fun and more and more people came over.  Now that was a great idea and the plants rather seemed to enjoy it as well.

3 comments:

  1. HI barbara, First off where is your cup cakes for DSFDF ? great piece BTW. I'm stopping at this painting because you mention Balboa park . I live in San Diego and I meet a few sketchers ounce a month. This Saturday we are meeting in La Jolla. Anyway if you want to join us please do. e-mail me if you want artbydominique at yahoo dot com or go to the yahoo group scketchcrawler. The gorge w/poppies is gorgeous. Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your water lily paintings Barb. They're my favorites. Wonderful, energetic, living colors... I can all but step into the cool water and reach down to touch one of these flowers. Truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors! I was going to say cheerful painting as well!

    ReplyDelete