Monday, January 18, 2010

Fields of Green


It's been awhile to say the least, but with the holidays and every other sort of thing happening like having to buy a new refrigerator AND washer at the same time, catching nasty colds, buying a car, etc, etc; it's good to be back blogging.

I've also had an extreme loss of my precious Dax kitty passing on.  My eyes are just starting to come back from being slits and very swollen from grieving as this just happened a few days ago.  He was a big part of our life.  It's been difficult coming into the studio where he was my constant companion and muse of sorts.  Loved that guy, but we had a long run of about 17-18 years and as Dr. Suess said, "Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  I'm working on the best part of the memories now, although sometimes I let my thoughts wander a bit too far and have another go at a cry.  We had a very mushy lovey relationship.  He came when I whistled kicking his legs up and almost dancing to me, I think he thought he was a dog at times.  Lots of people got a great kick out of that.

This recent painting is called "Fields of Green".  I don't have to keep knocking them out as I don't feel I have to paint everyday.  I have already been there and done that years ago.  It was a great learning experience though and I still cherish it.  Now however, I am more relaxed and thoughtful of what it is I personally want to go after.  A fertile landscape of green - just the thing to ponder, springtime.

5 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about Dax. very beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, I was afraid we might have lost you as we haven't seen your blog in ages and am so sorry for the last reason for your having stayed away. There's far too much of that going on these days, but I do love your Dr. Seuss quote and will share it with friends who have also had recent losses. Lovely painting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claudia, thanks. I have a picture of Dax hanging above my computer with his coherts, Mozart and Star now. My studio has never been without one of those dears, but I am working through it. Started a still life yesterday, scraped 3 before that thus no new posts. Hopefully will be able to finish this one up and grab a photo soon OR it'll get scraped too and then I'll go again until I get there. Thank God for art. Again, thanks so much, it's appreciated, and for the comment on the painting as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice blog and some great paintings. So Sorry to hear about your cat. Sounds as though you had Dax for a long time. I have been there and it is a hard thing to let go. My studio cat was a character.
    God bless and keep that art coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'd extremely difficult to lose a constant companion like your Dax. That is exactly the case with me losing my 16 yr old pup, Dolly on Feb 25th. Hold the memory close.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and the Dr Seuss quote.

    ReplyDelete