Friday, September 17, 2010

Love Sonnets - SOLD


A single humble carnation lays atop a book of 'love' sonnets snuggled in a warm blanket in a basket...

My favorite flower, wild ones smell of spices, it's true.  I've grown them myself and cut them at will.  They grow perennially here in CA.  Each year coming back until completely exhausted, they must be replaced with a new plant.  I did not know this.  I just trusted my instinct that first season and let it be.  Let's experiment...  When they did arise out of their first winter's sleep, I felt a special lightness from it and still do...

$195.00, 8 x 10 x 1, oil on linen, painted sides.
$15.00 shipping/handling/insurance. Ready to hang.

3 comments:

  1. Carnations are my favorite flower, too! The spicey smell, the many folds that form the flower, the small new bud that bursts alive with untold layers of life....I could go on and on! Such peace in your painting, yet beckons me to pick up the book and flower, wrap myself in the blanket.... hugs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the elegant simplicity of this. Makes me want to curl up with a book and a cup of tea. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very romantic and old fashioned. It's beautiful, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete