Sunday, March 6, 2011

Fresh Table Grapes - SOLD

 

I like to paint grapes every once in awhile, and actually other 'serious' still life subjects, not all loose, to keep me on my toes.  I like variety, as well, like to try different things, basically I'm all over the place, but when one doesn't have to deal with brick and mortar galleries, I think it gives the artist a wider birth of creativity.  We're not locked into one genre or style which galleries are insistent on doing with their stable of artists.  The next couple of still life works are also classic in nature.  I have to say I enjoyed working on them just as much as I do loose work.  It feels like a breadth of fresh air.

1 comment:

  1. I adore this painting as I have all of your paintings of grapes - that was one of my introductions to you. You have a very special talent working in your medium for making the texture and light on this fruit become real. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete