Friday, May 20, 2011

Um, Left or Right - SOLD


Sometimes we just have to stop and think about which direction to take.  Here's a fun look at a paint rule:  'no lead out of the painting...  I could have had them looking to the inside and changed lots of things up in regard to placement (eg: the other dude is in the center) - oh nooooooooooo!

I liked it this way, it was so natural and wondered which direction they decided on when they finally took flight.  I'm thinking left looks like it just might be the winner.  Hoping everyone gets a chance to get water this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I can watch seagulls for hours making up stories in my head about what they are thinking and where they might be going. This painting is so natural and fun. Congrats on having two of your paintings posted on Southern French Fried (http://www.southernfriedfrench.com/blog/2011/05/what-in-the-world-is-an-auberge-espagnole.html), I love that blog and your paintings fit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ur paintings. I love to paint too but I don't do it often.

    ReplyDelete