Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Time for Lunch - SOLD


This piece was sold a bit ago.  But every once in awhile, I look back at my work.  Think about why one piece over another will continue to pull that really 'got' me reasoning out of it.  It kept in line with my concept for the piece.  It wasn't overworked.  It was a painterly piece with texture.

This was yet another excursion to Balboa Park in San Diego.  My husband and I had a picnic on the lawns which is perfectly acceptable with all concerned.  Afterwards, we wandered about further.  I spotted this scene of others enjoying a leisurely lunch and snapped a quick photo.  In painting it, I really liked how the umbrellas were working.  I especially loved keeping the woman heading inside the cafe softer and blurred.  I also liked this type of scene.  People out and about enjoying the day.  I was very pleased with the outcome of this painting in general.

1 comment:

  1. I love the carefree nature of the swing in her hair, and the bright red purse with her bright white dress. All dressed up for lunch. Lunch with the girls or a beau, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete