Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Abundant Sunflowers - SOLD


Sunflowers in a field somewhere in France or Italy.  With that said, in my humble opinion it HAD to be very impressionistic.  Period!  This has gallery wrap painted sides btw, so when you walk around it the sides automatically connect you to the whole painting.


I love impressionistic works, it feels like jazz to me and I love jazz, not just the classic jazz, but phew there's so many different genres there as well right.  I think music and painting have so much in common it would be difficult to separate the two.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Before I even read the post I thought "this looks like Summertime in Italy". Wonderful job! The thick brushwork works beautifully.

    I know what you mean about the painting/music connection. We must use the same parts of our brains to process the info. This beautiful painting certainly "sings"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I might be saying those exact words! I relate to what is being said about art and music..both are different faces of creativity that makes our existence more meaningful..I love the way you handled impressionism in this work, certainly classy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music and art... and writing... and sculpting... and... wonderfully infinite expressions of the human spirit; one and all... and all really one. I love this painting Barb... as you already know! I can hardly wait to see it in my living room. It will sing in there a song of jazzy, breeziness; and it will write on the onlooker's heart, "Come with me to walk in my field of flowers."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was right! This painting sings of sunshine and flowers, long walks on a country road... It invites the viewer to a place of lovely quiet except for the brush of the breeze blowing through those beautiful sunflowers. I catch myself stopping in the room to just look, and every time I see something new... something I missed before. It's a beautiful work Barb...

    ReplyDelete