Sunday, May 16, 2010

Fishing Pier - SOLD


My husband and I took a trip a couple of years ago when we had our MB Cruiser (a great Sprinter RV, skinny enough to go anywhere) up the coast on Rt. 1.  We hit Monterey Bay, Big Sur, saw just one tour of the Hearst Castle estate (awesome) and just stopped at some great campsites checked everything out, ate great food, and had an all together wonderful time.  We love camping.  We sold it awhile ago, but I took lots of photos as I'm certain everyone would, especially artist folk.  This one is from a pier in Monterey Bay.  I was going to call it the Love Shack from the song which is happy-go-lucky and fit the whole idea here, but well I didn't think some people would get it so I chickened out.  I love the texture and looseness of this work allowing some of the underpainting to show through, especially in the sky.

4 comments:

  1. I just love piers and water and thoroughly enjoy the colors in this painting. I did the same trip in an RV including one tour of Hearst castle many years ago and it's still one of the most memorable trips I've ever taken. I just remembered that it was also the first trip after I bought my first 35 milimeter SLR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a strong painting, Barbara. Just love the turquoise and red and the area under the pier. Love Shack would have been great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know me and my love of water paintings... Since I'm from Texas, with all its heat, I sometimes feel like a sponge looking to soak up something wet and cool and breezy to bring me back to life... This is such a spot. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete