Sunday, July 24, 2011

Our Daily Bread



The moment I saw this woman's glow of reflected light from the refrigerated section of this market shop, I knew without a doubt that this was going to be an absolute joy to paint straight through from beginning to end...  I'm sure I'm not the only artist out there that can say 'I love it when I stay this loose'.  It's fresh, like the paint is still wet - I can almost smell wonderful gobs of paint as I look at it.

It makes every lesson, every book read (not just looking at the pictures, lol), every discarded painting, every angst moment, every plein aire study (including red ant bites, etc), all of the monies spent not just on supplies, but marketing mistakes (OR lessons learned), etc, etc - WORTH IT.

This was a shot from a trip my husband and I took last year on our 20th Anniversary to San Francisco.  When you depart from the ferry, there are great shops and food markets all along the pier.

No comments:

Post a Comment