Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Open Studio 2011

The most glorious weather we've ever had and on both Saturday and Sunday.  Monday was windy, which is always a bugger when you have to deal with it during outdoor events.  It all went without a hitch this year.

Here are just a few photos from the Open Studio this last weekend. 


This shot is of Kim (Melissa's sister), me, and Melissa (my awesome assistant).


My wonderful art patrons...






Two shots of the studio.  I have a huge 2-tiered steel wheel rack for larger paintings that is usually residing in the area where the little table/chair in the corner is.  I have to move that every year or no one would be able to navigate in there.



Last photo is a shot of the loggia...  (our fireplace is on the other side of display panels)

Everyone always asks me, what's a loggia?

loggia |ˈlōj(ē)ə; ˈlô-| noun
• a gallery or room with one or more open sides, esp. one that forms part of a house (with fireplace) and has one side open to the garden.
an open-sided extension to a house.  ORIGIN mid 18th cent.: from Italian, ‘lodge.’


Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment