Monday, June 28, 2010

Drawing in the Sand - SOLD


I love painting children doing things that all children do like drawing in the sand.  Sploring I like to say, I still do it as I see so many things that just fascinate me when I'm outdoors.  My two girls are like that as well.  You'll hear wow a lot when we're together or we'll share photographs and say wow then as well cause really there are no words...  We transgress to our real selves out there.

Drawing in the Sand is loose and expressionistic.  I 'made' myself consider each brush stroke so that I didn't overwork it.  I'm pleased with the outcome and hope to continue in this manner although I think each work sometimes dictates the end itself.

2 comments:

  1. I love the windswept blond hair - something she's oblivious to and I wonder what she's drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one brings back so many "sploring" times in my own childhood... following a mole trail, laying on the edge of a pier catching (or trying to!) minnows... such an innocent time. Thanks for taking me there with this sweet painting, Barb...

    ReplyDelete