Friday, June 18, 2010

Garden Door - SOLD


The Secret Garden is one of my all time favorite stories.  I am definitely a romantic and gardens hail romance, fascination, splendor (I could go one) since the beginning in the Garden of Eden.  For gardeners and beholders alike, it holds great repose.  Every sense seems heightened in one.  Monet built one of the most beautiful so that he might always have it to paint right to the end.  His famous murals still arouse awe.  Going to head out into mine now and consider my surroundings before going into my studio for yet another wonderful day of paint.  To all of you passionate gardeners out there, thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I feel as though I could walk in and smell the flowers. And I would love to open the garden door and discover what is on the other side. Great job, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sunny painting holds so much beauty and allure. Love the warmth in the archway. Very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gwen. As you know by now, I love impressionism, the looser I get the happier I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this painting looks awesome. All I can says is that you are a blessed artist. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, you used one of my favortie words, blessed! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this one, you have the best light on it, the beautiful doorway and appealing flowers. It looks like it just flowed off your brush..I hope it did.

    ReplyDelete