Saturday, August 7, 2010

Michael & Erika - SOLD


This is Michael & Erika.  A commissioned work.  A truly simpatico couple who are people after my own heart, loving the outdoors and plopping themselves in it as much as humanly possible.  Here they are studying on lush grass.  Why not take it outside?  I'm betting those little grey cells (as Hercule Peroit would say) are absorbing it all more effectively in that colorful landscape.  A special note: I'm crazy about Erika's sneakers peaking out of the grass!

5 comments:

  1. This painting is wonderful! You conveyed so much information in such an impressionist way! I really love the sky, her muted colors and his jeans are just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly wonderful, I expect Michael and Erika will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great painting for Michael and Erika. I like the sneakers, too. Your brushstrokes are very painterly and the composition says so much about these two. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Erika's sneakers and sunglasses... and Michael's hat are just too cool. And them plopped in the grass with a good book really does tell a sweet story about this couple. I really like them both, and I don't even know them except through this painting. What a fun piece!! Love the energetic colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have made me love the sneakers peeking out from the grass! What a fun painting! The color scheme is very very nice.

    ReplyDelete