Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Stiletto - One of Four - SOLD


Shoes, ya gotta love 'em...  This is one of four in a set of just high heels.  I've painted shoes before, sandals, slippers.  This set was inspiring and a great deal of fun.

I've rendered nail polishes as well, fruit, veggies, vases - things like that.  What daily artist hasn't right!  I'm sure I'll be revisiting some other things I've done as well.  If only because I would always prefer to paint from life rather than a photo.  With that said though, kids do not hold still, lol, making photos imperative as far as I'm concerned.  Of course, to each his own.  As long as we keep painting and having a blast doing it I say.

5 comments:

  1. I like this Barb.. it's a classic look for a classic shoe. And what girl doesn't love shoes? I really like these... hmmm Macy's?? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those sassy shoes! Great job, especially on the shiny heel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks all, wait til you see the next one, Pretty in Pink. now that's what i'll be calling sassy gwen. i love painting shoes and girly thingy's...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Barbara! Just discovering your shoe series now. Wonderful. I especially like the handsome elegance of these. What a gift to paint from life.

    ReplyDelete